Nasyam (Nasal drops Treatment)
Nasyam karma(Nasal administration)
Nasal drops in each nostril for elimination of excess bodily humours accumulated in sinuses, throat, nose & head areas. ‘Nasa hi Shirso Dwaram’ it means nose is the doorway of the brain according to Ayurveda. Best Therapy for mental balance, Best Therapy for Nasal clean,
Nasal drops in each nostril for elimination of excess bodily humours accumulated in sinuses, throat, nose & head areas. ‘Nasa hi Shirso Dwaram’ it means nose is the doorway of the brain according to Ayurveda.
So, for treating these – brain, head, nose, throat, mouth, face, hairs, eyes problems, Nasya karma is a great procedure.
Nasyam are two types –
Shiro Virechana Nasya – this nasya is a strong herb juice extract drops poured into nostril fallowed by face and neck massage and steam, which has cleaning effect of these parts and balances vata and kapha doshas imbalances.
Snehanic Nasya – this is not strong nasal drops, it is a shoothing oil drops poured into nostril to nourishing head, nose, throat, mouth, face, hairs and eyes. This nasyam is good before travelling and during travelling to avoid infections due to dust.
Seasonal cleansing, sinusitis, headache, migraine, nasal polyps, hair fall, baldness, epilepsy, pimples, greying of hairs, eye sight problems, focus and concentration problems.
It is an important part of Panchakarma can be done 3 to 5 days.
How You can do Nasyam at Home ? Clean sinus and make it smooth
- Dropping of medicated oil or medicines into the nostrils is known as Nasyam.
- Disease related to the head treated with this procedure
Types of Nasyam
- Navana nasyam – use of medicated oil – Anu Tailam
- Avapida nasyam – herbs pounded into paste and paste is squeezed to juice, which is droped in nostrils
- Dhmapana nasyam – herbal fine powders are blown into nostrils
- Dhuma nasyam – herbals smoke inhaled through the nostrils
- Opens the nostrils blockages and make it smooth
- Removes stiffness from the neck, shoulder and head
- Treats chronic rhinitis
- Improves mandibular joint
- Hair fall
- Frozen shoulder
- Wrinkling of the skin
- Premature graying of hairs
- Hoarseness of voice
- Cranial nerve palsies
- Anu tailam – ayurvedic herbal preparations
- Ghritam – clarified cow butter
- Almond oil
- Sesame oil
- Hot water for steam
- Prandhara drop
- Hot towel
Preparation of Client
- Empty bowel and bladder
- Pre procedure – oil / moisturizing oily cream for face massage, neck massage, and oil for head massage
- steam the face and neck with hot towel
- Positioning of the client head
- Administer the Anu tailam after making it warm
- 4 drops
- 6 drops
- 8 drops
After main drop
- Face massage and neck massage gently
- Dhoom paan – smoke inhalation with turmeric and ghee mixture – 3 puff each nostril, inhale through nose and exhale through mouth
- Gargle with salt hot water if required
- Feeling of lighness in head
- Sound sleep
- Clarity of sense organs
- Feeling of happiness
- Easy to understand